Do you ever feel that you have a void to fill in your life? Well, I’ve found myself shopping or thinking of shopping for days now. Will shopping really fill the void that I think is there? The objects I find myself longing for are items that support my values and goals, some of which I’ve been distracted from, others that have eluded me.
- Exercise Clothes – I want to be a stronger, healthier woman. Especially this year since I will be turning 40.
- Stainless Steel Containers and other Reusable items – I want to live a low waste, minimalist lifestyle that minimizes my impact on our planet.
- Stationary, Washi Tape, Traveler’s Notebooks – I want to make time for creativity.
Yet, those items themselves won’t make me complete. Shopping and purchasing them does not force me to buy out the time to exercise. Possessing the zero waste reusable items doesn’t make me say no to processed, unhealthy foods at the store, nor to carve out time to write. I must do each of those things myself. It has been said that it is easier to change our environment than change ourselves. So, I need to look for positivity and document my efforts to reach those goals.
Document Progress & Positivity
- The kids and I went to the community garden and weeded our plot.
- Loose leaf, bulk, herbal tea is my companion this evening.
- I am making time to feed my soul right now by writing before bed.
- Now it’s time to rest.
As we reflect on our day, think and talk about the day with gratitude. Realize all the good that has come into your day, who you have helped to smile and what you have accomplished, small or great.